A Bible Teaching Church in Mason City, IA
Simply teaching and practically applying the Bible, verse by verse!
Sundays | 10:00am
1631 4th St SW 231a
Mason City, IA 50401
Hello there, we’re glad you’re here. If you are looking for information about Jesus Christ or a place to grow in your relationship with Him, you’re in a good place.
Location / Directions
Calvary Chapel is in Willowbrook Mall
Above the Vaccuum Center
1631 4th St. SW #231a
Mason City, IA 50401
What We Believe
Take your next step in your walk with Jesus Christ. There are many opportunities for you and your family to get involved at Calvary Chapel
God Created Everything and Everyone and His Love is Revealed
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Problem: Humans are Sinners
- Romans 3:23 – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Fact: There is a Penalty for Sinning
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Fact: On the Cross, Jesus Paid the Penalty
- Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Fact: Salvation is a Free Gift
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Fact: Christ Must Be Received
- John 1:12 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
God’s Amazing Promise from His Word
- Romans 10:13 – For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
How Do I Receive Christ?
- First, you must acknowledge your sin to God. You admit to God that you have broken His laws and failed to live in the way that He has commanded in His word.
- Second, you must believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sin and rose on the third day from the grave. Since our sin is against a holy eternal God, a holy eternal sacrifice is required to pay the penalty. Jesus is that sacrifice. The fact that He rose from the grave proved God the Father accepted the payment.
- Third, because you believe this, you make the choice to turn from your life of sin and rejection of Jesus, ask for forgiveness of your sin and make a commitment to trust in Jesus Christ as your savior.
You are saved by God’s grace and it is received through faith. God does the saving, we do the receiving by believing.
The next thing you’ll want to do is find a Bible-teaching church. You need to learn more of what God has revealed about Himself in the scriptures. You need the guidance of a pastor and other Christians that have been at it for a while.
Now, the next step is reading the Bible. A good place to start is the gospel of Mark. It is the second book of the New Testament. As you read, jot down questions to ask a pastor or a Christian that knows the Bible.
To find a church click HERE
Here is a great site for asking questions about Christianity:
Contact Pastor Adam:
We are so excited for you to take your next step in obedience to Jesus Christ. Please watch the following Bible study from Pastor Adam on the subject of baptisms. This will give you the full biblical understanding of this powerful symbol.
See the video and fill out the application – Click Here
Servant / Helper Application
Serving the Lord is an important element of your healthy walk as a Christian. Your new journey begins today. Shortly after filling out the application, you will be contacted by one of our staff.
Fill out the application – Click Here